Thistle Timber & Building Supplies were formed in 1998 and specialise in supplying heavy building, landscaping and timber materials to the trade and general public – throughout the Lothian area.
The company is committed to ensuring that all of its business activities comply fully with current environmental legislation, minimise operational environment impact, and prevent pollution in order to improve assets, processes, and ultimately work towards a more sustainable future.
In order to achieve our aims the company will:
- Meet, and where possible, exceed legal requirements, regulations and standards
- Minimise adverse environmental impacts on air, water, land, and people arising from our operations
- Identify, assess and manage environmental risk
- Demonstrate the efficient use of natural resources, seeking opportunities to minimise waste and to re-use or recycle materials
- Work in partnership with local communities and be a responsible neighbour
- Work to improve the standards of the sectors in which the company operates and promote products and packaging to improve sector sustainability
- Enhance environmental awareness of employees through structured environmental product training
- Encourager the adoption of sound environmental principles amongst suppliers and customers alike
- Allocate adequate resource to fulfil this policy and regularly review environmental risk assessments